Pages

October 10, 2016

dunewood campground

-there is writing at the bottom. you just have to sift through all my pictures first :) - 

campfire beans!! nuthing like it. 
Every morning started out at 45° F and a bitter cold shower. 

     Husband and I went for a 3 day trip to Indiana Dunes State Park. Between skipping along the beach, cooking our own campfire meals and picking raspberries we were able to find some time for journaling. I selected a few excerpts to share with y'all. Hopefully they will give you a glimpse into our little sandy paradise!

CHARLIE
"My lovely wife sits to my right. We are on the Kemil Beach of Lake Michigan, listening to the brass winds and thudding drums of the surf. Though the seagulls beat us here, and some old folks with old dogs, I think we found a wonderful hideaway up in the north." 

"Sunday night vespers by the campfire. The kidney/pinto beans have been eaten heartily. Today we escapaded to Michigan City, then to Saugatuk and then to Holland ... Tonight's our last night here at Dunewood. So long campground, I'm sure we'll see ya in the future!" 

LAUREL
"Charlie and I are at the beach. Wet feet, sandy butts and windswept hair. Right now it is around 6pm, so the sunlight is golden, the air is still warm and there are people here and there - sprinkled across the shoreline watching the surf like seagulls." 

"Charlie ordered us some coffee and chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. South Haven was such a lovely town - I was ready to buy some real estate and settle down ... Holland Harbor had a bright red lighthouse that was built in 1847 (?) (not too good with dates) ... we walked out onto the pier and watched sailboats for a while. Beautiful, white, poetic triangles skimming the cerulean blue." 

"I have about a million pictures that I want to take home and edit and about a million more yet to take. It is our last night there and we are out of clean clothes. That is all. Goodnight." 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures. Your photography really is just my style. I've never been camping, but it looks so peaceful and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot :) Camping is one of my favorite things to do!! It can be challenging, but it is always rewarding!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love this post!! <3 Your photos are incredible! And those journal entries are so sweet. It sounds like your guys had a great time! :)

    Sophia xx
    A Lantern In Her Hand
    The Inkpot Girl

    ReplyDelete