Pages

January 5, 2015

beautiful words

Words are vessels of emotion.
 
That is why I love to write -- why I attempt to put "the best words in the best order"....
There is no other way to express feelings so explicitly.


"She lives the poetry she cannot write."
           Oscar Wilde


"I'm restless. Things are calling me away. My hair is being pulled by the stars again."             Anais Nin


"There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people."       Vincent Van Gogh


"The poetry of the earth is never dead."
                John Keats


"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."          
    Winnie the Pooh


"I am in the mood to dissolve in the sky."
                Virginia Woolf


"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet."                Bob Marley


"With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come."               William Shakespeare


"There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still."     Corrie Ten Boom


"He will come to us like rain."       
        Hosea 6:3


"Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door."          Emily Dickinson

2 comments:

  1. I tried to think of a quote that would fit the theme, but drawing a blank. But here's one you might like, especially coming from an old man:

    “Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.”
    ― John Adams

    And one more that at least supports your cause:

    “Let us tenderly and kindly cherish therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write .”
    ― John Adams

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! those are both good! there are so many good quotes that I have a growing list of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete