Pages

October 27, 2016

Edouard Lalo + hay bales


     My lil sister is having a solo recital in December, so I took some pictures for promotional flyers. Lemme tell ya. She is one of the best violinists I have ever listened to and that is saying a lot.
Of course there is the never ending, sibling-rivalry "my instrument is better than yours" argument.
Clara: "The violin is portable which is waaay better -- people can appreciate your music wherever you go."
Me: "But violinists rely heavily on piano accompanists soooo.... basically you're lost without me."
Clara: "My violin cost more than both your pianos combined."
Me:  "Can you read the bass clef? No. Didn't think so."

You get the idea.

We had a blast during the photo shoot. Between traipsing about our neighbor's field and climbing on hay bales, it was a full morning. Clara played some folk tunes and Lalo (an odd combination). I fiddled around with camera dials and lighting. My camera is still relatively new to me, so I am learning something about it every day. The result of our shoot? Lots of laughter, dirty bare feet, and 174 pictures.
Soon I will be taking Cabe's senior photos! I am doing what I love best: photographing the people I love best.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these photos are amazing and so aesthetic!! Your lighting is perfection. <3

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Laurel, I can't believe that you got your camera recently because your pictures are stunning! I thought you were a professional photographer or something! You have such an incredible talent. <3

    ReplyDelete