Pages

January 5, 2014

trip to the art museum

      Pablo Picasso phrased it perfectly: “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” That's what I feel like every time I go to the ballet, listen to opera, or visit the art museum. Appreciating the arts is a way to enter a surreal world of romance and beauty, mystery and intrigue.
     Yesterday, when Dad to us to the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum in KC the dust was completely washed off my soul:)

 
Pure emotion emanated from every painting.
Some paintings were full of exuberance and happiness.
 
 
Others were peaceful and meditative. 

 
Some masterpieces of art were ancient and mysterious. I wanted to know what stories these miniature mummies could tell from their thousands of years of existence.

 
This painting (titled "Wrapping it up") was one of my favorites. It is telling an open-ended story: one that the painter leaves for you to finish. Are they friends? or is this a courtship? will it end happily? I'd like to think so. They look so happy:)

  
Visiting the art museum showed me to look at all the different perspectives in life. You might be surprised if you do....

  
     photo credits go to Cabe Dey! Despite the fact that his camera has a broken light meter, he managed to take excellent pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment