Pages

December 30, 2013

turning over a new leaf

Writing is not a chore. Even though I love to write and create images in my mind, I still have many things to learn. Do not write forcefully, expecting it to be perfect. Instead write with emotion and sensitivity. The imperfection of your creation will just add to its beauty; people will be able to relate to it.
Well, I have been making writing a chore—something I dread doing because I ‘have’ to do it ‘for my blog’. Foolish Laurel! I have been neglecting my Loyal Friend---it’s sorta been sitting these last two years, waiting for me to do something extraordinary with it.  I’ve made the decision to remedy that, or Landsflicka won’t live much longer.
So I got this amazing book at Barnes and Noble last night called “Blogging for Bliss” by Tara Frey. Her lovely ideas and suggestions have given me inspiration to turn over a new leaf on Landsflicka. No longer am I going to write half-heartedly on a once-a-month basis. No. Instead I am going use it like my battered journal: give it the attention it needs for revival, and fill it up with little pieces from my life.
               I must confess that I was tempted to start over with a new blog, but with much thought I concluded that perseverance must prevail! I shall remain loyal and keep carving out my little space on the internet. Everyone is welcome to read over the musings of my soul. Please share your thoughts and tell me what you would like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment