Pages

December 9, 2013

Homemade Christmas {ornaments}

Here is your ordinary Christmas bulb--  boring, plain, and unappealing.

 
And here is your new Christmas bulb! -- beautiful, old fashioned-y, and delightful in every way:)

 
NOTE: modge podge is all I used (and a book that I didn't feel bad tearing up. Books make up the majority of our wall insulation, but I couldn't find a single one to tear up. I had to buy a romance that looked badly written:) Anyhoo, modge podge is likely to get all over everything when you use it. I spent several minutes peeling layer after layer of it off my hand when I was done.
 
Christmas bulbs (at Wal-Mart) x4 -- $2.99
Paperback novel -- 25 cents at the thrift store
 
Another pretty Christmas ornament is this button bulb that my sister Clara made. All that is needed is a styrofoam ball, buttons that you'll never use otherwise, and hundreds of sewing pins.
 

We taped a layer of tissue paper underneath the buttons to avoid any foam showing. Also you might want to put the hook in first before you start pinning buttons on (unlike like us. lesson learned.) Then you'll have a ornament that is as cute as a button! haha-- get it?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment