Pages

December 5, 2013

Homemade Christmas {center pieces}

     My inspiration for this bottle is from here-- a blog I discovered thanks to Pinterest. Instead of twine I used macramé which required a huge amount of hot glue. It was worth it:) You can use these bottles for practically anything:) vases, center pieces, decorative wine bottles or to play the 'jug' like Briscoe Darling in Andy Griffith.....

 
Bottle: free (this one was in our woodshed, but you can use wine bottles or coke bottles)
Twine: 3-5 dollars at Hobby Lobby.
Macramé: roughly 10 dollars at most craft stores.
Net price: 15 dollars for enough supplies to make several vases.
 
 
Buttons, burlap flowers, twine braids, or ribbons are simple ways of embellishing your final product. I am still discovering the millions of ways twine and macramé are useful, so you might see some more blog posts about them:) 
 
Mason jar candles-- a common craft project, but one with so many possibilities! I've seen them on Pinterest made with book pages, music sheets, and/or paint.

 
The two I decorated are especially easy to make. A lace doily, some cut up newspaper, a little ric rac and TA DA! My next mason jar experiment is to modge podge fabric onto a couple and see how those come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment