Pages

January 6, 2014

homemade notebook

     This craft should have been a part of my Christmas blog series, but I had to wait until after the holiday since it was a gift for my friend Catherine.

It is a simple little notebook made with blank paper and a scrabble board. The idea came to me (believe it or not) when we were playing scrabble. Since we happened to have 4 extra scrabble games lying around, (don't ask me why-- as a family we are fairly obsessed with the game) I was able to begin work immediately.

 
note: the game board is too thick to be professionally spiral bound at any office store. Thanks to a Dewalt drill and some binder rings from Wal-Mart I got the job done quite nicely myself. Who needs a fancy spiral-binding-machine?

 
The most difficult part of making this notebook was measuring the dimensions and cutting everything proportionally. It took me a while to decide how large I should make it.  Thankfully scrabble boards already have grids on them to make the job easier:)
 
 
I was quite pleased the result. --Can't wait to make more! Maybe (someday in the future) I will make some with different game boards. Monopoly perhaps? Risk? Sorry? Look out. I'm going to start haunting the thrift stores for more supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment