Pages

January 27, 2014

Deylight Country Orchestra

         I love nothing better than to hang out in the company of family and friends and share something very special to me..... music. I'm by no means an expert in this area, but I highly agree with what Confucius once said: "music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without." It most certainly does.

          That’s why I enjoyed last Friday night so well, when the Dey family band had an opportunity to play some merry tunes for a dance.
 
         It was a dizzying night full of birthday cake, laughter, melodies floating on the air, and swirling colors. The soft flowing dances moved in perfect rhythm with the music creating a strong connection between the band and the dancers. Dances are interesting like that. Maybe that’s why I fancy them so much.  
 


Let me introduce you to the band:
My brother Austin backed up the melody with some solid piano chords. He’s the glue that holds us together sometimes:) I don’t know what we would do without him.
Cabe fearlessly led us with his back up guitar. He’s that musician nobody notices yet he adds a completely new dimension to the music. Thank you bro:)
Elissa and Clara were our fiddlers. Throughout every single tune they remained strong on the melody, carrying the dancers through till the end. Indispensable musicians, those girls are.
I played the flute. That’s about all was required of me. Sometimes I would find some curious little harmony to work off of, and sometimes I’d take a solo, but mostly I just soaked up all the happiness around me and try not to make any mistakes.
 
And then there were our faithful audience members---- namely Mom, Dad, my sister Annie and her family.  But golly! Somebody has to sit back and enjoy the music!!!!
 
 
 
Overall the entire evening was a success. Up next: another dance in February!!!!
Photo credits to my sister Elissa (ejdodson.blogspot.com) and my Dad.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment