Pages

December 29, 2015

meet mosi


          Take a moment to appreciate this little fur ball of cuteness. This is Mosi: she loves eggnog, crumpled up paper, and attacking your feet. She is the most adorable, cuddly, and mischievous kitten you may ever be acquainted with, so protect your feet and check under the furniture.
          Mosi showed up on my doorstep about a month ago. (Actually, she was curled up in Retta's dog house waiting to be picked up and loved on.) I carried her into the house and the following conversation ensued....
Mom: Oh my.
Me: Yes. It is cute isn't it.
Mom: .........
Mom: Bring it in and feed it.
           Ever since then, life has seldom been dull. Retta is thrilled to have a playmate, except for the times Mosi grapples her butt like a cougar and bites it. The two will chase each other around the basement, tearing up the carpet and generally creating a ruckus. After an especially rousing chase, there is the routine "drinking-out-of-the-Christmas-tree-stand" and "fighting-over-Laurel's-bed."

  
          Sometimes, I pretend that having such rambunctious companions is annoying. After all, they both beg for milk out of my cereal bowl, terrorize the parakeets and constantly demand attention. But in all honesty, Mosi and Retta keep my life in a wonderful state of happy and unexpected.
Every evening when I come home from work, they pile onto the couch with me and sleep peacefully, offering what animals give the best: companionship.
I'm looking forward to many adventures with my pets. Hopefully neither one of them kills the other first.

No comments:

Post a Comment