Pages

February 24, 2015

reallll smooth

          Lately, I've been on this smoothie kick where I throw together some fresh produce and whip it up into a nice breakfast treat. It is a quick and easy way to stuff some nutrients into your body, plus smoothies simply taste wonderful :) Here are a few of my favorite 'recipes' that I've tried out on my guinea pigs (aka the fam.)

mango smoothie: (recipe source -- Wishes and Dishes)

1 cup cubed/peeled/frozen mango
3/4 cup banana
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp. honey
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract




 Since I'd never tried using a mango before, this recipe was a pleasant surprise. The texture was unusually thick and creamy. Definitely making this one again...

kiwi/kale smoothie: (recipe source -- Diethood)

2 bananas
2 kiwis
1 cup kale tightly packed
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 cup ice

 
 The kiwi/kale smoothie is by far my favorite! My observant brother said that it looked like seaweed, and I have to agree, but the flavor is out of this world.

chocolate banana smoothie: (recipe source -- Baker by Nature)

2 frozen bananas
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
2 Tbsp. honey
1 1/2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups almond milk


Chocolate and bananas..... mmmmm. Can't go wrong with that combination!

coconut strawberry smoothie:

There is no recipe for this one: I made it up! I do remember throwing in some strawberries and blueberries which made it turn pink, but the main ingredient was coconut meat/water.

 
          That's the beauty of blenders -- you can throw in pretty much anything you want and it still tastes good. (Within reason.)
 
          If you are ever interested in some other smoothie idees, check out these links:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment