Pages

February 3, 2015

on pomegranates and dying poets

Pomegranates:
     It has always been one of my 'unofficial' New Year's resolutions to live life more adventurously.
A phobia of mine is that I'll fall into the ruts of daily life and forget how to be impulsive and daring.
That's why I bought myself a pomegranate yesterday: I've never had one before, so of course I had to try it. (Eating a pomegranate is totally impulsive and daring -- right?)

 
     Scoop out the seeds, put 'em on a salad and BAM! you've got yourself a beautiful treat. Not only does it taste good, but it looks like you're eating bright red gems. And it's healthy.
 
____________________________________________________________________________
 

Dying Poets:
     This is what the piano looks like when there are three musicians living in the house:


Music. Is. Everywhere.
     The piano bookcase is full, so books and sheet music kinda spill out onto the piano bench/floor/parakeet cage/etc.
     Recently, I've been trying to conquer the song "Dying Poet" by Louis Moreau Gottschalk. It's not a difficult piece, but it's rather long. Sometimes I wish the poet would just hurry up and die. (Not really.)

 

What things have been a part of your life recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment