Pages

June 4, 2012

sewing up a storm

     It's not often that I have the time to lay my hands on a good craft/sewing project, but since today was unofficially a day of rest in our household, I decided to finish some projects and see what I could find to work on. Not that I'm a terribly great seamstress or anything, but sewing is something I like to do, so at least there are good intentions and love (if not craftsmanship) thrown into each undertaking.
Firstly, I found (in my deep dank closet) a baby afghan that I had started for my niece Amelia.
Today I finished it off, though I only hope
that the middle isn't too noticeably bulgy.
The next one will be better I promise!

     Next, I found (in our overflowing fabric box) some quilt blocks left over from a quilt Mom had made many years ago. It was a lot of fun designing the pinwheel design and sewing the blocks together to create a small quilt top. It was quite easy considering that the piecing had already been done for me:)
      And yes, that is my fantastic sewing machine that I won at the sewing expo in Kansas City! It's wonderful to work with, and (with the assistance of a built in touch screen) does small embroidery projects for me.
     My final sewing venture of the morning consisted of nearly finishing a baby quilt for my nephew, Ian. (It's awful hard keeping up with these nieces and nephews:) It really has been a joint project between me and Clara, but today I took the bit in my mouth and worked on it some. I tied the back and the front together, and sewed the binding on (though it still needs a little more work.) It doesn't look half bad, if I do say so myself.




     I especially love the little gangster dogs and cats that we put in it!


      All in all, it was a hard day's work and it was nice to have the feeling of accomplishment. Now, for hemming my brother's pants!

1 comment:

  1. And when you get done with that you can come to my house and make me some roman shades for our bedroom windows.

    ReplyDelete